This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Questions about GCJ 4.6.0
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 09:32:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: Questions about GCJ 4.6.0
- References: <4DBA55FA.40602@internode.on.net>
On 29/04/11 07:08, Zachary Mitchell wrote:
> I wish to install the GCJ 4.6.0 version.
>
> I wish to compile from source. I have read the documentation,
> and don't find it useful for my situation.
>
> I am running the MinGW32 environment, which has
> gcc already installed as part of it's default MSYS 1.0
> installation.
>
> I ask the following:
>
> -Does the GCJ 4.6.0 allow java code to be compiled
> into Linux/Mac/Windows executables,
> ie machine code for those operating systems?
I don't know about Mac and Windows, but GNU/Linux should be fine.
> -For a small Test.java program,
> could I be given an example gcj command line
> for a particular example for the previous question?
gcj --main=Test Test.java
> -Is 4.6.0 considered stable, and does it support
> new things in Java like Generics/autoboxing-unboxing/annotations/Enums?
>
> -Does it work of a PATH/CLASSPATH variable?
Yes, yes. Are you trying not to read any documents?
> -How do I
> $> ./configure;make;install;
> with success under mingw32?
Sorry, I can't help you with this. But I do know not to run configure in
the source directory.
Andrew.