----- Message transféré ----
De : charfi asma<charfiasma@yahoo.fr>
À : Andi Hellmund<mail@andihellmund.com>
Cc : gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Envoyé le : Mer 20 avril 2011, 10h 32min 39s
Objet : RE: "White paper" about GCC front-end internals
----- Message transféré ----
De : Andi Hellmund<mail@andihellmund.com>
À : gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org; gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Envoyé le : Dim 6 mars 2011, 22h 29min 55s
Objet : "White paper" about GCC front-end internals
Hey ALL,
after some time of source code investigations, testing and experiments, I
finally bundled my experiences with GCC front-ends in a "white paper" about the
internals of GCC front-ends. It is not really structured like a tutorial, but it
should hopefully be usuable by GCC newbies to speed up the introduction into
GCC.
The white paper is available at:
http://blog.lxgcc.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/GCC_frontend.pdf
I'm pretty sure that this paper still contains some errors or even conceptual
mis-understandings, though I would appreciate to get feedback of any kind about
what could be improved/changed/removed.
Once, all erros and mis-understandings are removed, I would then put some
important extracts of this paper into the GCC internals documentation to serve
as a base for future front-end documentations.
Thanks for your feedback and time,
Andi
Hello Andi,
Congratulation for your paper, If it was written before I built version0.00001
of my front end, it would have saved much time for me :)
Any way, you said in your paper that front end could not produce Generic at all
and target directly gimple. I would like to have some info about this idea.
Did those front ends use the gimplify function by passing a function that is
already in gimple form ?
i.e, In my front end I passed to gimplify a function that is a tree built in
GENERIC:
gimplify_function_tree(main_fn_decl);
could I simply pass instead main_fn_dec that is in gimple ?
thank you very much.
Asma