This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: FW: debug info, template class member method
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Jonas Paulsson <jnspaulsson at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 07:48:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: FW: debug info, template class member method
- References: <SNT106-W339D5AB5FDCA9D2228820BB1770@phx.gbl> <SNT106-W38F940D970D8562F8FD3AEB1760@phx.gbl>
Jonas Paulsson <jnspaulsson@hotmail.com> writes:
> I am trying to debug a template class, but I get a long method name and "...which has no line number information.". The member function is defined in the .h file, inside the class definition.
>
> I wonder if it is possible to step through a template member function with gdb? I have tried g++ -O0 -ggdb -fno-default-inline, but no luck.
Which version of gcc and which version of gdb?
Stepping through inline template member functions seem to move between
working and non-working with changes to the tools. Unfortunately I
don't know of any way to get it to work when it is not working.
If you are using a current version of gcc, please file a bug report with
a test case and including info about the gdb you are using. Thanks.
Ian