This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Will __GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__ go away?
On 25 May 2011 09:19, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 25 May 2011 07:44, Patrick Horgan wrote:
>> I'm using the following in a header that uses typeof and needs to build
>> in code that builds with -std=c++0x or the default -std=c++98. ?Can I
>> leave it and forget it, or will eventually the compiler's use of c++0x
>> features no longer be experimental? ?How do I future proof it?
>>
>> #ifdef __GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__
>> #define typeof decltype
>> #endif
>
> Yes it will go away at some point. ?The portable way to detect C++0x support is:
>
> #if __cplusplus >= 201103L
Actually portable is the wrong word, since G++ doesn't actually
conform to that requirement - but it's the method specified by the
standard, so other compilers should conform to it and G++ should do
one day too.