This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: boost library, hardtolink&compile, plz help


Dear Jeffrey (and/or gnu/g++ programers):
  I follow your hint
--------------------
root@eric-laptop:/# ldconfig -p | grep -i boost
root@eric-laptop:/# 

----------
so it looks my thread lib is not available for the runtime linker
although your first commnad do issue a.out without compile/link error
however, when I run ./a.out
---------
eric@eric-laptop:~/cppcookbook$  ./a.out
./a.out: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_thread.so.1.46.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
--
that looks not what the book author suppose it be.
(so I emailed first author of that book, D. Ryan Stephens, he is not yet reply me)
looking to see better way to make it work right, and thanks a lot in advance, Eric


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]