This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: boost library, hardtolink&compile, plz help
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: eric lin <ericlin at fsshl dot zzn dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 19:48:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: boost library, hardtolink&compile, plz help
- References: <8137FE039AF7BA84FAF7BD8D869F9373@ericlin.fsshl.zzn.com>
On 22 May 2011 19:42, eric lin wrote:
> Dear Jonathan or any g++ programers:
> ?after reading your email hint, I goto my download and extracted directory
> /boost1_46_1/ ?directory
> and then run
> ./bootstrap.sh
>
> I don't know whether that is what you mean about ((install boost library) and (if it is where is boost library go))
This isn't the right place to find out how to install boost - read the
boost website. Or if you're using GNU/Linux you can probably install
it from your distro's package manager, that would be easiest.
> then after that I run your suggest command in my cppcookbook/ directory which contain my example program about using boost lib's thread
>
> this is what I do and get
> ------------------------
> eric@eric-laptop:~/cppcookbook$ g++ -I/home/eric/boost1/boost_1_46_1/ example12-1.cpp ?-L/home/eric/boost1/boost_1_46_1/boost/ ? -lboost_thread-mt
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_thread-mt
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> eric@eric-laptop:~/cppcookbook$
>
> -----------------------------------
> would you please tell me what is
>
> boost_thread-mt
>
> mean?
It's the name of a library, -lboost_thread-mt tells the linker to link
to libboost_thread-mt.so
> if that is a file, I indeed hard to find it in my /boost_1_46_1/ ?directory
The file will be called libboost_thread-mt.so