This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: -m31 rejected when building libgcc for cross compiler for s390 (31 bit) gcc 4.6.0


"John P. Hartmann" <jphartmann@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks, Ian.  That brought me further, but still no cigar.  Does the
> following ring a bell?
>
> /usr/ports/gcc390/build460/./gcc/xgcc
> -B/usr/ports/gcc390/build460/./gcc/
> -B/usr/ports/gcc390/inst/s390-ibm-linux/bin/
> -B/usr/ports/gcc390/inst/s390-ibm-linux/lib/ -isystem
> /usr/ports/gcc390/inst/s390-ibm-linux/include -isystem
> /usr/ports/gcc390/inst/s390-ibm-linux/sys-include    -g -O2 -O2  -g
> -O2 -DIN_GCC -DCROSS_DIRECTORY_STRUCTURE  -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings
> -Wcast-qual -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wold-style-definition  -isystem ./include  -fPIC -g
> -DHAVE_GTHR_DEFAULT -DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED
> -fno-stack-protector -Dinhibit_libc -mlong-double-128 -I. -I.
> -I../.././gcc -I/usr/src/gcc-4.6.0/libgcc
> -I/usr/src/gcc-4.6.0/libgcc/. -I/usr/src/gcc-4.6.0/libgcc/../gcc
> -I/usr/src/gcc-4.6.0/libgcc/../include
> -I/usr/src/gcc-4.6.0/libgcc/../libdecnumber/dpd
> -I/usr/src/gcc-4.6.0/libgcc/../libdecnumber -DHAVE_CC_TLS  -o
> decContext.o -MT decContext.o -MD -MP -MF decContext.dep -c
> /usr/src/gcc-4.6.0/libgcc/../libdecnumber/decContext.c
>
> /usr/src/gcc-4.6.0/libgcc/../libdecnumber/decContext.c:33:43: fatal
> error: string.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.

string.h has to come from a C library.  gcc does not include one.

Since you are trying to build a cross-compiler to a GNU/Linux system,
you may want to look at http://crosstool.org/ .

Ian


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]