This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: __gnu_cxx error in OpenSolaris


Try locating all files named libstdc++.*, there may be an older one
being
picked up first.

I don't think this is the problem:


$ cd /usr/lib
$ ls -l libstdc++.so.*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 2010-12-21 20:05 libstdc++.so.6 -> libstdc++.so.6.0.14
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 1487364 2010-10-02 15:41 libstdc++.so.6.0.10
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root bin 5692376 2010-12-21 20:05 libstdc++.so.6.0.14
-rw-r--r-- 1 root bin 2284 2010-12-21 20:05 libstdc++.so.6.0.14-gdb.py


Whereas gcc recommends using Sun ld ;-)

I know this, but my goal is to compile Qt.



$ ls -l /usr/ccs/bin/ld
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 2010-10-02 15:41 /usr/ccs/bin/ld ->
../../bin/ld
$ /usr/bin/ld --version
GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.19

On Solaris, really? Did you overwrite the system one?



Not really, I made a copy just to make the test:


$ cd /usr/bin/
$ ls -l ld*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     bin      1327156 ÎÎÏ 18 15:20 ld
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     bin        17912 ÎÎÏ 18 14:21 ld.sol

(--without-gnu-ld doesn't fit that well with using gnu ld)

Maybe I need to recompile GCC with gnu ld and see what happens.


A.S.





Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]