This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

simple function and attribute "noreturn"


Hi.

I'm trying to remove all warnings from my project. I'm compiling with
almost all warning options turned on, including
-Werror=suggest-attribute=noreturn. And now I see this:

Shared/Helpers/CrossHelper.cpp:88:8: error: function might be
candidate for attribute ânoreturnâ
[-Werror=suggest-attribute=noreturn]

And here is The Function:
  88 TInt32 SOLARIS_OS::ioctlsocket( SOCKET s, int cmd, TUInt32* argp )
  89 {
  90     return ioctl(s, cmd, argp);
  91 }

I don't see how this can be a candidate for noreturn. Any ideas?

I'm using gcc-4.6.0 (custom build) on Fedora Core 13.
-- 
JÄdrzej Dudkiewicz

I really hate this damn machine, I wish that they would sell it.
It never does just what I want, but only what I tell it.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]