This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: telling GCC that a pointer cannot be NULL


On 10 May 2011 13:51, Marc Glisse <marc.glisse@inria.fr> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2011, Igor Bukanov wrote:
>
>> is it possible to tell GCC that a pointer cannot be NULL at a
>> particular point so the compiler can optimize the control flaw better
>> and avoid redundant NULL checks on the fast paths?
>
> I seem to remember that dereferencing the pointer had that effect.

Yes, this is indeed the case in the cases I checked. So I would need
to refactor much less code, thanks!


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]