This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

GCC 4.6 not building crti.o and crtn.o in cross-compiler


Hi all,

I've hit a strange problem in building my cross tool chain when I
moved up from GCC 4.5.2 to 4.6.

For some reason crti.o and crtn.o aren't being built, and I'm puzzled
as to why...

I've just run two complete rebuilds of the entire toolchain into clean
directories, using exactly the
same configuration options, and with only the different GCC sources.
I've carefully compared
directories one by one, and there are virtually no differences in the
set of files created in each build,
apart from these two somewhat essential ones.  (The other differences
are some new C++ include
files and dll's in 4.6 and a couple of other minor things).

My GCC config is as follows (substitute 4.5.2 or 4.6.0 for n.n.n) :-

../../GCCSources/gcc-n.n.n/configure --target=$TARGET --disable-shared
--disable-nls --disable-werror \
  --enable-languages="c,c++" --enable-interwork --enable-multilib
--disable-libssp --disable-threads \
  --with-newlib --with-gmp=$PREFIX --with-mpfr=$PREFIX
--with-mpc=$PREFIX --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld \
  --prefix=$PREFIX

where TARGET = sparc-elf
and PREFIX = /usr/local/testn.n.n

For reference, I'm also using gmp-5.0.1, mpfr-3.0.1, mpc-0.9,
binutils-2.21, newlib-1.19.0 and gdb-7.2.

I'm trying to pick through the configure files for both versions to
see where and why the choices
about crti.o and crtn.o are made, but so far I can't work out why one
builds and the other doesn't.

Any thoughts on what's gone wrong would be appreciated.

Cheers,

David P.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]