This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: GCC 4.5 Optimization Problem


On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Quant <carkaci@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have recently upgrade my Ubuntu from 10.10 to 11.04. GCC version is also
> upgraded from 4.4 to 4.5 automatically. However, some of my heavy math. C
> codes run slower when compiled with GCC 4.5.
> I have tried various optimization flags including "-fexcess-precision=fast".
> But nothing changes, it runs slower comparing to the executable compiled
> with GCC 4.4.
>
> By the way, I complied them with GCC 4.4 with "-03 -ffast-math". My machine
> is IMAC I7. Ubuntu is 64bit.


What kind of math... is there a small representative kernel of
operations you could show?  Is it in loops or large flat computations?


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]