Re: arm-elf-gcc 4.6.0 build failure

29.3.2011 10:43, Kai Ruottu kirjoitti:

So... What on earth happened? Your original message surprisingly was
never received via the 'gcc-help' maillist but a search in net told
that the real error was :

configure:5778: checking for version 0.11 (revision 0 or later) of PPL
configure:5795: gcc -c -g -O2 conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:10: fatal error: ppl_c.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

The message was received into my mailbox but was put into "spam" there, maybe because of the big attachment :( Generally only the 4 previous lines would have been enough to tell what the problem was... But maybe seeing "the one fallen tree in a forest" isn't that easy, the "fatal error" here could hint something, generally just searching for "error" in a logfile could be a good start to see where the smoke is rising...

If Ian hadn't replied to this never-seen message, its existence would
have been noticed before the automatic "spam" folder in my IMAP server
had been filled. I thought I had set my Thunderbird to trust the server
filters and so make copies of spam too but my local "spam" folder was
empty...