Re: linker question, silent duplicate symbol problem

Aha!  I have figured this out -- it's an early ordering initialization problem.  Something is querying _r_debug before it is filled in.  If I hack the application binary, then I can see that the location in question DOES get initialized later.
Thanks!
Jason