This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Strict Aliasing document


Thanks to everyone who commented on the white paper, it's a lot better because of the comments I got here and on boost-users.

In particular I'd like to thank VÃclav Haisman, Thomas Heller who wrote the memcpy version of the routine I use in the document and pointed out that it will generate exactly the same assembler, and Andrew Haley who pointed out a more portable way to define the union, and also pointed out that gcc will elide the calls to memcpy.

Current version at http://dbp-consulting.com/StrictAliasing.pdf

Patrick


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]