This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How does one compile 64-bit executables on HP-UX PA-RISC?
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david dot kirkby at onetel dot net>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 07:42:22 -0600
- Subject: Re: How does one compile 64-bit executables on HP-UX PA-RISC?
- References: <4C52C096.email@example.com>
On 07/30/10 06:07, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
I have an HP C3600 workstationGCC for the PA isn't runtime switchable between 32 and 64 bit binaries.
ie, however GCC was initially configured is the only way it'll generate
code on the PA.
which is fitted with 552 MHz PA-8600 PA-RISC CPU (64-bit) and 8 GB RAM.
If I use gcc -m64, I get an error.
drkirkby@hpbox:~$ gcc -m64 test.c
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-m64"
Can anyone tell me how to build 64-bit binaries with gcc on this machine?
What does gcc -v report?