This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: About DWARF DW_AT_external
- From: P J P <pj dot pandit at yahoo dot co dot in>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 14:49:35 +0530 (IST)
- Subject: Re: About DWARF DW_AT_external
--- On Thu, 29/7/10, Ian Lance Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> The former. It is attached to a definition to mean
> that the definition is externally visible.
Right. Then, should this flag be set for the variables/functions coming from an outside object file through linking?
Ex. Say an application uses standard library functions like malloc, scanf, operator>>, operator<< etc. The dwarf DIEs describing such symbols have the external flag set.
Looking at the DIEs, is there any way of knowing which symbols are defined in the same object file and which ones come from other object files through linking?
PS: Please don't send me html/attachment/Fwd mails