Re: What does PHI node mean? [GCC Internals Manual]

On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 13:13 +0200, Georg Lay wrote:
> Cheng Renquan schrieb:
> >

> > Someone know what PHI means, please tell, thank you. My native language
> > is not English, sorry for my understanding, but if someone really know
> > "PHI", please tell, I will thank you;
> >

> Yes, a glossary would be great.
>
> Georg

This discussion reminds me of my reviewing a textbook some years ago for
use in a programming class I was teaching. I started by randomly opening
the book and reading. If I, knowing the subject, cannot understand what
the author is saying, I believe that students would have problems. The
author used many acronyms. I got stuck on "QAD." After about 1/2 hour of
my searching through the text, I found what it meant: "QAD" = "Quick And
Dirty." I did not select that book for my class.

--Bob