Re: What does PHI node mean? [GCC Internals Manual]

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 7:13 PM, Georg Lay <avr@gjlay.de> wrote:
> PHI is Phi-Function where Phi stands for uppercase greek Phi, i.e. &Phi; in
> HTML or \Phi in TeX. It's a concept rather that an abbrev.

Thank you all, that now I know what PHI and "PHI function" means,
yes, I knew greek letter phi before, but I didn't think about their relations;
maybe I should read more before going further,
http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Compiler-Design-Implementation-Muchnick/dp/1558603204

Cheers,