This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: How to find libs version (Newlib and UCLIBC) ?


Name lastlong <brew_pt@yahoo.com> writes:

> I have built two cross toolchains using gcc, binutils and Newlib/Uclibc.
> I am using separate build structure for source. I mean gcc, binutils and 
> Newlib/Uclibc are placed in diff directories.
>
> Once the toolchain is ready, I can confirm gcc and binutils version using 
> something like below;
> #*-*-gcc --version
> #*-*-ld --version (or any other utility from binutils)
>
> However, not able to see the libs source version. Is there a standard way 
> to detect that in built toolchain?

Not that I know of.  Some libraries define macros with their version
information; e.g., glibc defines __GLIBC__ and __GLIBC_MINOR__.
However, I don't know of any standard approach.1

Ian


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]