Re: "causes a section type conflict"

Ian Lance Taylor-3 wrote:

> Thanks.  Now for the rest of it.  Please give us a complete standalone
> test case.  Please show us the exact output of the linker.

Hi

I tried to do the linking so wrong way. I tried to put every C-code
implementations to same section with using __attribute__ command. And that
is wrong.

My orginal problem caused because I was trying to put variables and
functions to same section. I can continue compiling if I put variables to
different section than functions. And later I had to put also consts to
different sections. (My example doesnt show that problem because it doesnt
use attributed variable)

I think that better way to do this is to edit linker script to put defined
files to different memeory.

example:

	.sdata :
	{
		*(EXCLUDE_FILE(*my_object.o) .sdata) /* put every object's .sdata sections
here but not my_object.o*/
	} > ram

	.sdata_my_section : AT (LOADADDR(.sdata)+SIZEOF(.sdata))
	{
		*my_object.o(.sdata) /* put only .sdata sections from my_object.o file*/
	} > my_own_ram_section

And do this for every section... data, sdata, bss, etc...

BUT

Now I have new problem. How I can make symbols in linker script?
I want to list many files in one symbol like this:

__MY_OBJS = my_file1.o my_file2.o my_file3.o

SECTION
{
	.sdata :
	{
		*(EXCLUDE_FILE(*__MY_OBJS) .sdata)
	} > ram

	.sdata_hal : AT (LOADADDR(.sdata)+SIZEOF(.sdata))
	{
		*__MY_OBJS(.sdata)
	} > my_own_ram_section
}

Is there any way to do this?

Makefile style $(__MY_OBJS) could be better but that doesnt work too.

Dukex