This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: R_PPC_PLTREL24 reloc against local symbol
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: "heyanandsu\ at gmail dot com" <heyanandsu at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:16:35 -0700
- Subject: Re: R_PPC_PLTREL24 reloc against local symbol
- References: <1256895725.3606.1.camel@carranc.disca.upv.es.disca.upv.es>
"heyanandsu@gmail.com" <heyanandsu@gmail.com> writes:
> Now I am trying to work on ppc440. And when I compile my program I
> received this error message while ld:
> ppc_4xx-ld: fifo_tmp.o(.text+0x6158): R_PPC_PLTREL24 reloc against local
> symbol
> fifo_tmp.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
> I am using ELDK 4.2. The gcc version is 4.2.2 and the ld version is
> 2.17.50
> and the compile flags is as following:
> /eldk4.2/ppc_4xx/usr/bin/../ cc1 -quiet -nostdinc -v
> -I/home/joy/work/ppc/partikle//user/ulibc/include -imultilib m403/pic
> -iprefix /eldk4.2/ppc_4xx/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-linux/4.2.2/
> -D__unix__ -D__gnu_linux__ -D__linux__ -Dunix -D__unix -Dlinux -D__linux
> -Asystem=linux -Asystem=unix -Asystem=posix -Dxm_ppc440 fifo.c -quiet
> -dumpbase fifo.c -mcpu=403 -auxbase-strip fifo.o -O2 -Wall
> -Wno-pointer-sign -version -fexceptions -fno-builtin
> -fno-strict-aliasing -fPIC -fno-stack-protector -fomit-frame-pointer
> -o /tmp/ccOIjGSh.s
> as -m403 -V -Qy -K PIC -o fifo.o /tmp/ccOIjGSh.s
I believe this is a GNU linker bug, fixed in the recent 2.20 release.
Ian