selective static linking

Hi,

When building an executable on Linux I'd like to link statically a particular library, namely Boost Serialization, while keeping the other libraries linked dynamically. Both libboost_serialization.a and libboost_serialization.so exist. I tried to play with the -l parameter, passing the actual file name or including the full path, but these didn't help.

Well, I have a workaround: rename libboost_serialization.a as libyyy.a and then use -lyyy instead of -lboost_serialization ; however, I wonder what the real solution is.

Thanks