This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Workaround of CPU device errata?
- From: Nicholas Sherlock <n dot sherlock at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 03:45:52 +1300
- Subject: Re: Workaround of CPU device errata?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Does anyone know how to confirm if these workarounds
are already implemented in current GCC?
-> Errata W11
As far as I can see, this is only of interest to debug-tool writers, not
Only applies in ring 0, where these registers are writable. The
workaround is for a debugger to ignore phantom breakpoints being
triggered, not for the application to change.
I don't know about these two. The first one sounds exceedingly unlikely
to be triggered.