This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Specifying target for powerpc/AMX RTOS platform to build GCC cross compiler
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: jeffiedward <j dot jeffi at yahoo dot co dot in>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 22:49:00 -0700
- Subject: Re: Specifying target for powerpc/AMX RTOS platform to build GCC cross compiler
- References: <email@example.com>
jeffiedward <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I have to build GCC cross compiler for Motorola powerpc processor family big
> endian model running KADAK AMX RTOS.
> How to specify --target in configuration option for the above environment?
> In GNU GCC page, I could see list of targets for powerpc family.
> Is it appropriate to specify powerpc-*-eabi? Should I replace * with any
> target specific detail?
> In several places I have seen --target=powerpc-eabi. Is it correct to
> specify this?
Yes. powerpc-eabi is probably what you want.
> Also, should I use AMX header files in --with-headers while building newlib
> for target platform?
newlib does not normally require any additional header files, and
using --with-headers would most likely not be appropriate. I don't
know what the AMX header files are.