Re: Plugin support for FreeBSD and OS X

So are you suggesting that the entire block:

  LIBS="$LIBS -ldl"
  AC_MSG_CHECKING([for -ldl])
  AC_TRY_LINK(
    [#include <dlfcn.h>],
    [volatile int f = 0; if (f) dlopen ("dummy", 0);],
    [AC_MSG_RESULT([yes]); have_dl=yes],
    [AC_MSG_RESULT([no])])
  if test x"$have_dl" = x"yes"; then
    pluginlibs="$pluginlibs -ldl"
  fi

should be replaced with something based on AC_CHECK_LIB? I'll give that a test!

Thanks,
Nicholas "Indy" Ray