Re: Plugin support for FreeBSD and OS X

"Nicholas \"Indy\" Ray" <arelius@gmail.com> writes:

> Trying to get GCC plugin support on svn HEAD I've run into a few
> configure problems on FreeBSD and OS X. Both having to do with
> requiring -fPIC, -shared, -ldl, and -rdynamic.
>
> On Mac OSX when building for x86_64-apple-darwin it has a problem
> checking "for -fPIC -shared" even if I remove both the args in the
> LDFlags that still seems to fail, yet both seem to be available on my
> OSX gcc when building for x86_64.
>
> On FreeBSD libdl doesn't exist and dlopen support should be checked by
> configure without "-ldl" in LDFLAGS It works just fine with the -ldl
> check just removed verbatim, but I don't know autoconf enough to be
> able to submit a patch that checks for BSD.

Thanks for the report.  The plugin support was developed and tested on
GNU/Linux.  We would be very interested in having people who use other
hosts send patches to make the plugin support work on their hosts.
The plugin developers use only GNU/Linux so they have no very good way
to write and test those patches themselves.

Ian