gcc, gcov and STL

When I compile my C++ unit tests with g++:
g++ -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage module.cpp testModule.cpp

and then try to get coverage data for "module.cpp":
./a.out
gcov module.cpp

My whole screen (and directory) get cluttered with coverage data for
the STL. How can I avoid this? What I would like is to only get
coverage data for the file that I am typing "gcov" on, or
alternatively only for my local directory subtree.

Tomorrow I will have to make a hacky script to grep away the STL
output and remove those output files. It is very annoying.

I have tried reading the manual, I have tried googling, but I cannot
figure out how to do this simple thing. I have seen others asking the
same question, but no answers. Please help.

/David Fendrich