Difference between -Os and -O2

Hi,

I'm currently facing an issue with -Os and -O2 optimization level. My
program can be compiled with both case, but it's not stable for -Os
flag. It makes my application crash sometimes.
I wonder what is the different between -Os and -O2 and where can I find
more information relating to this.
I have looked at http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Optimize Options.html
and understand it well but I need deeper information such as how -Os
works and is there any issue recently.
Some information about my program
- It is a shared library
- It is written in C
- The platform is MIPS32
- Toolchain is MIPS and get from buildroot
- GCC version is 3.4.6

Please help me out.

Regards,
-Hieu