This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

information about ld invocation and defaults ?


Hi All - I'm a newbie with GCC and having a bit of a flail with rebuilding and understanding GCC interaction with LD and "configured default path" in the tools.

I'd like to see the exact parameters with which ld is invoked by GCC. I added -wl,-t to the GCC line, and while this provides a lot of helpful information, some info seems missing, in particular:
- exactly what is passed into ld as it is invoked ?
- ld cannot find "crt0.o"; OK tell me where did it look ?
- ld cannot find "crt0.o"; OK tell me where it was given the requirement to load it ?
- what is the definition of "sysroot prefix" for this build of ld ?


The ld man pages say "Aside from its flexibility, the GNU linker is more helpful than other linkers in providing diagnostic information." But I can't see how to get ld to report the above basic info.

Apologies in advance as I've probably missed something in the man pages !
Thanks in advance for any and all help,
Best Regards, Dave

Dave Nadler, USA East Coast voice (978) 263-0097, drn@nadler.com



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]