This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc 4.3.2 compilation failure on aix 5.3
- From: "David Edelsohn" <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Rohit <will dot u dot tellmemore at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:47:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: gcc 4.3.2 compilation failure on aix 5.3
- References: <97993dc40811191036i48644747x36318b379acb0f48@mail.gmail.com>
[Redirecting to gcc-help]
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Rohit <will.u.tellmemore@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have not specified any options to configure.
> just ./configure and gmake
> libstdc++v3 is being compiled with (this is from config.log )
>
> /mnt/gcc-4.3.2/libstdc++-v3/configure --cache-file=./config.cache
> --enable-multilib --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,java,objc
> --program-transfor
> m-name=s,y,y, --with-target-subdir=powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0
> --build=powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0 --host=powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0
> --target=powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0 --srcd
> ir=../../gcc-4.3.2/libstdc++-v3
>
> Any ideas why it might be failing. config.cache remains empty and
> every time i do this it takes lot of time as it tries to do all this
> again. Looks like this is 3 rd stage in compilation.
> cat stage_* show stage3 for all three files. Is there any workaround
> to skip this. I do not really care what the output gcc will be capable
> off. it should just be able to compile itself. Its more of an i/o test
> in my setup.
> I can provide more information if required.
Did you read and follow the AIX-specific installation instructions?
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#x-ibm-aix
If you use Bash, the configure step is much faster.
GCC does not configure and build Java by default on AIX, so I
am surprised that Java is listed as an enabled language.
I have built GCC 4.3.2 on AIX 5.3.0.0, and did not experience
the fmodl conflict.
David