This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

missing terminating ' character


Hi all,
I get the following warning from the GCC compiler (all versions that i tried on after 4.2.x), but doesnt generate the warning with 4.1.1 compiler. I went through the C99 standard and couldnt find anything relevent.


If i tried to compile

#if 0


The 'appostrophie character causes warnings in code that is #defed out


IFF it is unmatched


#endif



int main(void)



{



for(;;)



{



}



}


I get the following warning.

test.c:2:7: warning: missing terminating ' character

I am not exactly sure if this is buggy behaviour, but it obviously isnt what i would have expected.

Please clarify if this is a bug.

Thanks
Hari


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]