This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: incorrect debug information with -O2 and above options
- From: "M R Swami Reddy" <MR dot Swami dot Reddy at nsc dot com>
- To: "Andrew Haley" <aph at redhat dot com>, "gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 20:54:30 +0530
- Subject: Re: incorrect debug information with -O2 and above options
- References: <491C1DF1.1000908@nsc.com> <491C1F84.6040907@redhat.com>
Hello Andrew,
Thanks for the reply.
OK. I will fill a PR for this issue.
And the test case is:
===
extern one();
main () { one(); }
===
I tried with all GCC 4.1.x and 4.2.x version. The same problem seen.
Btw, this issue is not seen with native (ie i386) gcc compiler.
Is there any macro definition missing for crx target port?
Thanks
Swami
Andrew Haley wrote:
M R Swami Reddy wrote:
I am using the crx target (ie crx-elf-gcc) compiler. When I compile a
simple
testcase with -g, its showing correct debug information. If I compile the
same testcase with "-g -O2" (-O2 or above optimizations), then compiler
generates wrong debug info. Could you please advise on this issue?
Please file a bug report, with the test case attached.
You have a much better chance of getting the bug fixed if you test with
the latest gcc sources. http://gcc.gnu.org/snapshots.html
Andrew.