This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: socket programming


Hello Ranjith,

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 06:31:23PM +0530, ranjith kumar wrote:
>          I wrote a two .c files which communicates through socket programming.
> I am getting "bind error" when I tried to run those programms again.
...
> My question is there any way(command) to  know all sockets currently
> created/used in unix.

netstat, lsof


> Even after I kill a prosess which creates a socket and binds to it,
> why its socket is not freed.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-sockpit/index.html#N100F6

The error you get is EADDRINUSE, you can find much info if you google
for it.


With kind regards,
-- 
Baurzhan Ismagulov
http://www.kz-easy.com/


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]