This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
-mno-align-long-strings and -fformat-extensions
- From: Unga <unga888 at yahoo dot com>
- To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 07:09:03 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: -mno-align-long-strings and -fformat-extensions
- Reply-to: unga888 at yahoo dot com
I'm trying to compile the FreeBSD kernel on i386 using gcc version 4.3.1.
I'm getting following compile error for /usr/src/sys/i386/i386/genassym.c :
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-mno-align-long-strings"
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fformat-extensions"
*** Error code 1
I have following queries regarding this:
1. Does this means above options are not compatible with gcc version 4.3.1?
2. What are the implications if I remove above options from kernel sources and recompile?
Appreciate your reply very much.