Re: UTF-8, UTF-16 and UTF-32

Well Scott, that's probably why I don't want to have to implement the string library functions myself. With each different implementation, we will probably get a different outcome and it makes more sense that GCC does it in the standard C library.

All I want is to be able to create one common source code and have it compile in both Windows and Linux. Windows in now forcing me to use Unicode since with Vista and Visual Studio 2008, several MFC class are no longer supported in a multibyte compile, meaning I have to compile in Unicode. Supplying the graphical and OS components with Unicode, my database server need to store and process 16-bit Unicode. Without 16-bit strings in GCC, this is now a nightmare and now I have to make a decision whether it is worth porting to Linux/Solaris

Dallas.
http://www.ekkySoftware.com