This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

problems to install gcc


Hi,

I've some problems to configure, build and install the gcc collection.
I downloaded the file gcc-4.3.0.tar.gz.
Then I started the console (bash) and decompressed the archive by typing:
gzip -d gcc-4.3.0.tar.gz
tar -xf gcc-4.3.0.tar
The source files are placed in the directory /usr/gcc-4.3.0, for example
/usr/gcc-4.3.0/compile
/usr/gcc-4.3.0/configure
/usr/gcc-4.3.0/install-sh
...
Now I want to install the package to the directory /usr/gcc to use the compilers.
I already read the documentation but there are so many commands and options, so I don't know what I have to do step by step.
Can you give me the necessary commands and options to configure, build and install a standard version of gcc (with all libraries installed to compile standard C-applications) to my system?
I'm using SuSE Linux 10.1 on a "normal" desktop pc as root user.


Thanks for help!
Best regards,
Kay Schröer


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]