This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: CPAN - ERROR: failed to install HTML::HeadParser
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: Car54 <planetwealth at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 21:28:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: CPAN - ERROR: failed to install HTML::HeadParser
- References: <17877566.post@talk.nabble.com>
- Reply-to: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
Car54 wrote:
> I'm running on CentOS 3.9 and tried to install a bunch of Perl Modules and
> most of them with success, but the following one has errors I can't seem to
> get past, so I run this one all on it's own and the same errors come up. I'm
> really new at this and I can't figure out why it has a problem with "make"
> when make is installed at the proper location. I'd really appreciate
> someone helping me. Thanks...
This list is for help using gcc but your problem doesn't relate directly
to gcc at all, so this is not the right place to ask. gcc is just
telling you that it can't do what it's being asked to do because it's
been given invalid input -- that's not a gcc problem but a HTML::Parser
problem. The mailing list for that module can be found in its README
file as libwww AT perl.org.
> gcc -c -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DTHREADS_HAVE_PIDS -DDEBUGGING
> -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/gdbm -O2 -g -pipe -march=i386
> -mcpu=i686 -DVERSION=\"3.56\" -DXS_VERSION=\"3.56\" -fPIC
> "-I/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE" -DMARKED_SECTION
> Parser.c
> Parser.xs: In function `dup_pstate':
> Parser.xs:290: `CLONEf_JOIN_IN' undeclared (first use in this function)
> Parser.xs:290: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> Parser.xs:290: for each function it appears in.)
> make: *** [Parser.o] Error 1
CLONEf_JOIN_IN was missing from perl 5.8.0, which means you can't use
this combination of versions. Either use a more recent perl, or use an
older HTML::Parser. A workaround and more details can be found on the
module's mailing list:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/search?q=CLONEf_JOIN_IN&l=libwww%40perl.org>
Brian