This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: problem compiling gcc 4.3.0:


Hi Ho!

--- On Fri, 6/6/08, Javier Alarcón Pérez <javier.alarcon@basecia.es> wrote:

> i have this problem compiling gcc 4.3.0: 
> 
>        then mv -f ".deps/unix.Tpo"
> ".deps/unix.Plo"; else rm -f
> ".deps/unix.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
> libtool: compile: 
> /media/host/gcc-4.3.0/host-i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc/xgcc
> -B/media/host/gcc-4.3.0/host-i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc/
> -B/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/
> -B/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib/
> -isystem /usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/include
> -isystem /usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/sys-include
> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.
> -I../.././libgfortran -I. -iquote../.././libgfortran/io
> -I../.././libgfortran/../gcc
> -I../.././libgfortran/../gcc/config
> -I../../host-i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=gnu99
> -Wall
> -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wold-style-definition -Wextra
> -Wwrite-strings -O2 -g -g -O2 -MT unix.lo -MD -MP -MF
> .deps/unix.Tpo
> -c ../.././libgfortran/io/unix.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o
> .libs/unix.o
> : Assembler messages:
> :6326: Error: symbol `fstatat64' is already defined
> :6363: Error: symbol `fstat64' is already defined
> :7179: Error: symbol `lstat64' is already defined
> :7212: Error: symbol `stat64' is already defined
> make[3]: *** [unix.lo] Error 1
> make[3]: se sale del directorio
> `/media/host/gcc-4.3.0/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libgfortran'
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[2]: se sale del directorio
> `/media/host/gcc-4.3.0/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libgfortran'
> make[1]: *** [all-target-libgfortran] Error 2
> make[1]: se sale del directorio `/media/host/gcc-4.3.0'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> 
> how do i resolve this problem??

It seemed that you built the GCC in the source folder, which should not have been done.

If it was so, please remove the source folder which has been polluted already, and extract the fresh source code of GCC 4.3.0.

After that, make a directory outside the GCC source directory, for example:
$ ls
./   ../    gcc-src-dir/
$ mkdir gcc-obj-dir
$ cd gcc-obj-dir
$ ../gcc-src-dir/configure
...
$ make
...
and so on.

Best regards,
Eus




Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]