This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: gcc3 ABI compatibility?


Anyone?


On 6/3/08 4:37 PM, "Michael VanLoon" <michaelv@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> Hello
> 
> Have there been compatibility-breaking changes to the ABI among the
> different versions of gcc3?
> 
> In other words, say I build a C++ library with some exported class
> interfaces and such. I use a version of gcc3 (maybe 3.4.6), then upgrade it
> to a later version of gcc3 (maybe 3.5.1).  Will the libraries break if I
> compile new client code against the library built with the older compiler?
> 
> I believe this falls into two areas, the name-mangling of the compiler
> itself with C++ classes, and the potential changes in libstdc++.
> 
> Is there anywhere these ABI-breaking changes are documented?
> 
> Thanks!
> - Michael
> 


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]