Re: Porting GCC to 8051 Microcontroller

I haven't said that I don't understand the steps involved. I have just now started to work on it. I want to check whether if anyone have ever tried this port and successfully completed it.

Thanks for your input (gccint info file).

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Haley" <aph@redhat.com>
To: "Ganesh" <ganesh@acmet.com>
Cc: <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 1:45 PM
Subject: Re: Porting GCC to 8051 Microcontroller

Ganesh wrote:
I am planning to do GCC porting for 8051 Microcontroller.

Kindly send me the steps involved in this project.

Well, if you don't understand the steps involved I don't see why you're planning to do the port. The 8051 architecture has a number of features that will make it very hard to generate code with gcc.

The gccint info file has most of the info you need to do the
port.

Andrew.