This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Inline functions in C99
- From: "Paulo J. Matos" <pocm at soton dot ac dot uk>
- To: help-gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 15:04:44 +0000
- Subject: Inline functions in C99
Hi all,
I'm using std=c99 for my project and I've had gcc 4.1.2 where
everything compiled well. Now I've moved to 4.2.3 where I get:
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
timemgm.c:37: warning: C99 inline functions are not supported; using GNU89
timemgm.c:37: warning: to disable this warning use -fgnu89-inline or
the gnu_inline function attribute
timemgm.c:43: warning: C99 inline functions are not supported; using GNU89
timemgm.c:52: warning: C99 inline functions are not supported; using GNU89
What was the change between gcc version so that now I can't inline
functions? Why is this? If I can't inline functions, won't this reduce
the efficiency of my binary, or at least hinder my possibilities of
optimizing it?
Cheers,
--
Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk
http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm
PhD Student @ ECS
University of Southampton, UK
Sponsor ECS runners - Action against Hunger:
http://www.justgiving.com/ecsrunslikethewind