Re: A question related to "-I" option of CPP (C preprocessor)

jun yuan wrote:
Hi, experts of CPP/ GCC,

    I met with a problem related to -I option of CPP. Actually it is a
compatiblity issue between old version CPP and new version CPP.

Suppose, we run cpp with the following command:
cpp -E -I./inc/subinc -traditional a.sp
where a.sp is an empty file, and ./inc/subinc is a directory, but we
don't have the read permission of
the directory inc.

Under what circumstances would you normally add a path to your include search that you don't have access to?

Presumably if you *need* the files from that directory your build will fail, and if you don't need them, why include it?

Tom