This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Tiny GCC: Pure, Unadulterated, Object Code



On 28 Jan 2008, at 8:36 PM, John Carter wrote:


Build gcc with the libc that goes into the target.

Thanks for the idea, but I was able to bypass libc; I was going to email the list with my solution as soon as I ironed out some kind of incompatibility I'm getting in object code between C++ compilers (of the same version). Though I haven't figured it out, this is the simple solution derived from http://www.osdev.org/wiki/GCC_Cross-Compiler

tar xjf binutils-2.17.tar.bz2
mv binutils-2.17 src

mkdir build
cd build

export PREFIX=/usr/local/xgcc
export TARGET=i686-elf

../src/configure --target=$TARGET --prefix=$PREFIX --disable-nls

make
sudo make install

--------------------------------

tar xjf gcc-core-4.1.2.tar.bz2 && tar xjf gcc-g++-4.1.2.tar.bz2
mv gcc-4.1.2 src

mkdir build
cd build

export PATH=$PATH:$PREFIX/bin

../src/configure --target=$TARGET --prefix=$PREFIX --disable-nls -- enable-languages=c,c++ --without-headers

MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4 make all-gcc
sudo make install-gcc


That MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4 is necessary on Mac OS X 10.5

In any case, I wish that the configuration process/switches were cleaned
up and documented more.

Sincerely,
Michael Witten


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]