This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
unrecognized command line option "-c" and "-pipe"
- From: "Fredrik Stridfeldt" <stridfeldt at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:29:27 +0100
- Subject: unrecognized command line option "-c" and "-pipe"
Hello!
Trying to install a Perl module called Crypt::DES, when i run make
(the perl Makefile.PL creates Makefile w/o problem),
i get the following errors.
make
gcc -c -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DDEBUGGING -fno-strict-aliasing
-pipe -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
-I/usr/include/gdbm -O2 -g -pipe -m32 -march=i386 -mtune=pentium4
-DVERSION=\"2.05\" -DXS_VERSION=\"2.05\" -fPIC
"-I/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE" DES.c
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option "-c"
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option "-pipe"
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option "-pipe"
Version of gcc:
gcc --version
GNU C version 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-9) (i386-redhat-linux)
compiled by GNU C version 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-9).
GGC heuristics: --param ggc-min-expand=99 --param ggc-min-heapsize=129322
Obviously gcc cant recognize "-c" and "-pipe"??
Anyone have any pointers of what i can do to make this work (update gcc?)
Hope i get some respons in this forum ;:)
Best regards
Fred