This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Reducing compilation memory usage


Alejandro Pulver wrote:
> As it fails with -O1 and all -fno-*, I tried parameters like
> max-pending-list-length=1 without success.
>
> Do you know about an option or something that could help in this case?

Alejandro,

I may have missed this earlier, but are the source files causing GCC to crash particularly large? Perhaps the problem could be avoided by splitting the code into more (smaller) files, so that GCC is compiling less of the code at once.

If I understand what you are doing, this code is program-generated, so you would have to modify the generator program to create multiple files. But you might be able to test this by manually splitting one file yourself.

Good luck!

--
Tony Wetmore



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]