This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: cast of float to unsigned char bug on ARM with 3.4.5 - when was it fixed?


On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 07:51:49AM -0600, John Love-Jensen wrote:
> Hi Sam,
> 
> > I assume this is a know bug that got fixed in later gcc's.
> > I have tried searching the gcc bug database with no luck.
> 
> It's not a GCC bug.  Your code a C bug (if I may be so presumptuous to
> describe using undefined C behavior as a "bug").

I would name it a bug relying on undefined behaviour.
Thanks for clarifyng this!

	Sam


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]