This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Oliver Kullmann <O dot Kullmann at swansea dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 28 Nov 2007 10:17:56 -0800
- Subject: Re: collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]
- References: <20071125150441.GZ1092@cs-wsok.swansea.ac.uk>
Oliver Kullmann <O.Kullmann@swansea.ac.uk> writes:
> I assume that a local installation of gcc brings it's own linker
> with it? Or how can I find out about the version of the linker actually
> used (with the local installation)?
gcc does not include a linker. On a GNU/Linux system, the linker is
part of the GNU binutils. See http://sourceware.org/binutils/.