Re: implicit cast from unsigned long to unsigned int gives no warning with -Wall (64 bits arch)

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, Tom St Denis wrote:

> forget the j, it's htonl(i) that matters here. It's the only location where there is a implicit cast
> from a 64 bits int (i) to a 32 bits int (the parameter of htonl), like the subject is telling you.

Use GCC 4.3 and -Wconversion. Read
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/NewWconversion. If you have any question that
is not covered there, add manu@gcc.gnu.org to the CC list explicitly,
I don't follow gcc-help.

Please, notice that I just added the answer to your question to
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/NewWconversion#faq

And don't be sarcastic when you are asking people to spend their time
to help you for free, it is rude and makes you look like...well, many
things but funny.

Cheers,

Manuel.