Re: GCJ Version compatibility

NightStrike wrote:

For now, the only thing we really need from 1.5 is enumeration
support.  Other than that, 1.4 should work.
Then I would recommend either using the toolchain that is part of Fedora
Core , or GCC-4.3 which will be officially released in the next couple
of months if we are lucky.

Our underlying system is based off of RedHat Enterprise Linux. It has version 4.0.1 or 4.0.3 (not sure which) installed. I have been pushing for a newer version -- perhaps I can just use an RPM from FC7? My current idea was just to d/l 4.2.2 and compile it locally.

If you need enumeration, 4.2.x will not work for you.

David Daney